Saturday 19 October 2013

The Phil-Harmonic Podcast Episode 75



After a short period of change and readjustment, things are starting to get back to what they were before July/August.

The podcast missed some weeks in September; it is now back to its relentless weekly tilt. The Renegade Transmission looked to have closed to down; it has returned and handed me a new Friday 9pm slot. Global EDM was all set to go off the air; new management are on their way to keep it alive. And a few months of having no new gig news to report, there are now a couple of things on the horizon that could help end the year in the spectacular way it started.

Times are good and warming up nicely for a full on start to 2014.

My most pressing gig news is that I will making my first return to the city of Bristol since my University days to do a special 'back to back to back' set with Transcend's Ben Dursley and Transition's Sam Derkson as part of our new '3D' concept. Yes, I'm working my way around cities beginning with 'B'.... I'm really looking forward to this. Not only because it's high time I revisited one of the best cities in the UK (and of course a previous home), but because, if my b2b set with Ben at our last house party is anything to go by, DJing as a trio is gonna be a shitload of fun. I'm also hoping it is a prelude to another, and even more triumphant, return to Bristol before the year is out.

Other news is that as part of Global EDM Radio's management shift, I have done a 3 hour set for the station's special 'farewell' send off, which is going to run from the 21st of October through until the start of November. Keep an eye on my Facebook and Twitter for details of when this set will be broadcast. It will only be available to download afterwards via iTunes for those that are subscribed. Check back to this blog on the stroke of midnight on the 1st of January 2014 for details!... But do tune in to GEDMR to hear it exclusively before the end of this month.

And meanwhile, in the background, my big review of 2013 takes shape. That Was 2013, which will be in 3, 2 hour parts this year, is shaping up to be the best review I've ever put together. As you can tell, planning has taken place well in advance. What will I name as my 'Track Of The Year'?

This week's podcast is a rasping melodic ride through 'proper' trance music, as has become customary in 2013. There's a remix of Binary Finary's 1998, an old remix of Mario Piu - The Vision and an alternative version of huge favourite, Napalm Poet.


THE PHIL-HARMONIC PODCAST EPISODE 75

1. Craig Connelly feat. Christina Novelli - Black Hole (Jorn Van Deynhoven Remix) [Garuda] <<<(Phil's Tune Of The Episode)>>>
2. Six Senses - Maro [Silent Shore Records]
3. Faruk Sabanci feat. Jaren - Discover (Photographer Remix) [Arisa Audio]
4. Matt Bukovski - Tesla (Melodic Mix) [Monster Tunes]
5. Binary Finary - 1998 (Tonny Nesse Remix) [ARVAS]
6. Felix Pot presents Van Ziel - Side World (Daniel Skyver Remix) [Fraction Records]
7. Eddie Bitar - Kaboom (Robbie Van Doe Remix) [Mental Asylum Records]
8. Mario Piu - The Vision (P.H.A.T.T. Remix) [Nukleuz Records]
9. Adam Ellis - Napalm Poet (Angry Man Remix) [Kearnage Recordings]
10. Solid Globe - North Pole vs. Sahara (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix) [Fundamental Recordings]  <<<(The Phil-Harmonic Golden Oldie)>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment