Saturday 30 March 2013

The Phil-Harmonic Podcast Episode 52


Well, what a weekend it has been already. The Easter weekend is never a dull one and this year has been no exception... and we're only at Saturday. It's hardly begun.

On Thursday night I made my DJing return at Brighton's Cube Bar for Transcend's Bank Holiday special, warming up for J00F Sessions signed psy-merchant, Dan Ascherl. It was a another milestone for me in the sense that it was the first time I've been on the bill with what you might call a 'recognised' name in the scene.

The crowd down at Transcend are always excellent value and, as me and one of my fellow DJs were saying to each other on the night, it's a night that genuinely has the potential to grow into something special and significant. I'm grateful that I've been able to be involved from (almost) the very start of it. 

Oh, and my set went really well. I still have learning to do about the best ways to warm up a crowd for a main act, but some of the compliments I was getting afterwards were, nevertheless, out of this world and hugely appreciated.

The very next night I slipped down to Ministry Of Sound for some casual raving at the hands of Super8 & Tab and Norin & Rad. One of the many beauties of now living in London; there is now Friday night trance on tap a short Tube journey towards the river.

The podcast returns in it's new weekly, 1 hour format. I say, 1 hour - this one has ran over slightly this week. In terms of this new format I'm still working out what fits and what doesn't, so probably unsurprising that an early episode has become ever so slightly extended.

As denoted by our red artwork, this is our more uplifting, driving end of things. There was plenty to fit in and, my word, picking a 'Tune Of The Episode' was very hard this week. I'll let the set do the talking because it really is a belter. Enjoy!


THE PHIL-HARMONIC PODCAST EPISODE 52

1. Allure feat. Emma Hewitt - No Goodbyes (Lange Remix) [Black Hole Recordings]
2. Solarstone – Seven Cities (Thomas Datt Remix) [Captivating Sounds]
3. Sean Tyas & Greg Downey - Dark Before The Dawn (Classic Mix) [Tytanium Recordings]
4. Luke Bond – Dropzone [Monster Tunes]
5. Super8 - Alba [Anjunabeats]
6. Gareth Weston - Checkmate (Ian Standerwick Remix) [Digitized]
7. Darren Porter - Spellbound [Monster Tunes]
8. Solis & Sean Truby feat. Sue Mclaren - Closer To The Earth (Club Mix) [Infrasonic Recordings] <<<(Phil's Tune Of The Episode)>>>
9. Paul van Dyk feat. Michelle Leonard - Lost In Berlin (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix) [Vandit]
10. Suncatcher - Simplicity [Enhanced Recordings]
11. Mike Shiver - Morning Drive [Anjunabeats] <<<(The Phil-Harmonic Golden Oldie)>>>

All for now, kids. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment