Monday 27 May 2013

TPHP presents The Trance Sanctuary Competition Entry 2013 ::iTunes Only Bonus Mix::

The iTunes Only Bonus Mix 

Why, hello, there. 

Well, you may have noticed this week that there has been no podcast. Last week I felt in need of a break after many weekends of excess. This weekend promised to be just as busy and I anticipated not being able to get to my decks for a succession of weekends. But the bank holiday Monday has proved a metaphorical godsend. Not only do I feel thoroughly refreshed but I did manage a lengthy session behind the decks today.

But rather than upload the fruit of my labours now, an interesting little development this weekend (the details of which I will share in due course) mean I've decided to hold off. Another new chapter in the podcast beacons. 

While you wait patiently for Episode 60, I thought why not upload my Trance Sanctuary competition entry from earlier in the year. But... as you may have already gathered, this is for my iTunes subscribers only. A special little thank you for all those that are wired their Phil-Harmonic fix directly every week. And, of course, a little incentive for anyone that's yet to jump aboard the podcast via the world of Apple.

A note about the mix itself. Trance Sanctuary, for those non-Londoners reading, is a new(ish) trance party making it's name in the heart of the capital city. It really is making huge waves, building a reputation for dodging the trouse and really attracting a hardcore trance following. I've been to two of them since moving to London (the first the very first week I came down in fact) and they really are brilliant events.

They ran a competition to win the opportunity to warm up the main room at The Egg in March. On reflection, this mix was clearly the wrong approach for the event I would have been warming up for. It was literally a 'jump being the decks and knock something up' approach and I went for 'big hitters' rather than overall mood - which is always ill advised for most warm ups. So, no real surprises why I didn't win. Believe me, I'm learning quickly that there's a world of difference between a podcast, a competition entry and playing out live for a room of people. All completely different angles.

But, that said, it's still a perfectly decent set and would have made an excellent episode of the podcast.

Anyway, enough talk. If you're already a subscriber on iTunes just refresh your podcasts to get this set. If you're not a subscriber, get with the programme and click the below icon.

TPHP presents:
The Trance Sanctuary Competition Entry 2013

1. Sander Van Doorn presents Purple Haze - Bilksem [Doorn Records]
2. W&W - Moscow [Mainstage Music]
3. Richard Durand feat. Ellie Lawson - Wide Awake [Magik Muzik]
4. Above & Beyond - Can't Sleep (Super8 & Tab Remix) [Anjunabeats]
5. Setrise vs. Johann Stone - MNE [In Trance We Trust]
6. Mr. Pit - It Is What It Is [Coldharbour Recordings]
7. Craig Connelly - Robot Wars [Garuda]
8. Markus Schulz & Jochen Miller - Rotunda [Coldharbour Recordings]
9. Tomas Heredia - The Journey [Captivating Sounds]
10. Super8 & Tab feat. Ben Lost - Won't Sleep Tonight (Moody Vocal Mix) [Anjunabeats]
11. Above & Beyond - Sun & Moon (Dennis Sheperd Remix) [Anjunabeats]




See you next week for Episode 60. It's a belter, I can promise. Keep your eye on my Twitter and Facebook for the aforementioned interesting news.

No comments:

Post a Comment